Lots of people have goals, plans and dreams, but unless they acted on in a specific way you will never achieve them.
Over the years, I’ve had many goals, some were good, and others were not so good. The beauty of having goals is that you can change them at any time. As you grow and develop yourself over time you will see that your goals will too. Someone could say, well I want to have one million dollars as a goal, the question would be why, what good would that be. The obvious reason wow wouldn’t it be nice to not worry about money? Over time though maybe you would go through enough self-development that just having money isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Maybe you see yourself being able to help more people or having more security by having such a large amount of money. Even still as one of my favorite speakers has said, earning a million dollars not for the money but for what you will become in the process. Once you go through the process it’s not about the money. You could throw the money away once you have learned the skills necessary to accomplish the goal.
Many people keep their goals private, they write them down in a journal or on a piece of paper that keep tucked away. Well, me being different I’m going to put my goals down right here for everyone to see. Now as I’m working on these goals you we can check them off and be able add new ones. Then in 2014 we will revisit and revise.
So lets go, I will break these down into monetary, personal, and business related goals.
- Monetary Goals
- Increase my savings to at least 15% of our net worth. This is cash available to use to purchase things for chestnut ridge, have an emergency fund, and vacation money (separate account)
- Retirement savings. Put max amount in IRA for each of us
- Personal Goals
- Read one personal development book per month and blog about it.
- Finish Toastmasters Competent Communicator by November
- Learn more about SEO and webdevelopment
- Business Goals
- Increase business 20+%
- Help 5 new dealers to DJ
- Find 30 new distributors that would like to learn how to build an AMSOIL / AGGRAND business
- Attend AMSOIL 40th Convention and Core Technology
- Life Goals
- Enjoy more time with my Wife
- Weekly Lunch with my daughter
- Spend time with grandkids
- Enjoy bicycle riding
- Enjoy chestnut ridge